DecisionQuest’s National Juror Attitudes Survey Report: Pharmaceutical Product Liability is designed to provide litigators and their clients with insight and analysis about jurors and their opinions of “big pharma,” drug safety, government regulation and more.
The data we present tells a story of jurors believing that drug companies put profit before safety and actively suppress the production of safer alternative drugs.
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Most potential jurors actually have a favorable view of pharmaceutical companies
- Only about a quarter, however, strongly believe that they adequately warn about the risks associated with their products.
- They also doubt that drug companies can know all of their drugs’ potential side effects.
Source of the Survey Results
- We surveyed 1,201 potential jurors
- Our report includes 8 new data points
- Our analysis is based on 30 years of experience in the field.